Monday, August 16, 2010

Trial Run

Last week I was able to get good exposure in using the tablet in actual classwork. I was able to take good notes as well as do homework. I have started to implement the tablet in my work setting as well as coupling it with my blackberry to keep up with other parts of my life.

One thing that I have run into was creating my full homework assignment as one pdf. I have decided to add Adobe Acrobat to my arsenal of tools, which will allow me to actually add pages to a pdf. The down fall to this is that I now have three programs that I have to go through just to submit my homework or anything else for that matter to my instructors that I want to write out by hand. I don't mind the extra steps, where I have issues is that it allows for yet another program to mess up some how and get in the way of me getting my work in on time and readable for my instructor.

My big brother suggest that I download a driver that would allow me to print to a pdf which would be nice, so I am in search for a driver that would allow me to do that.

If anyone else has any other advice I would love to hear from you.

I have continued my research on other students going paperless and I am not finding much from the students point of view. There are many instructors tying it out, but much of that is in the k-12 world. While I think that it is wonderful that there is a movement to implement tech in the k-12 setting I would like to know what is the plan for those students when they get to college setting? Are we setting them up for a completely online college experience or will be able to meet them at their technological level?

But anyways.... I was very happy to see that our University of La Verne Bookstore is now offering digital copies of textbooks. (For the textbooks that have digital copies anyways) I will be taking advantage of this option this semester for most of my textbooks. Super happy about this.

I am wondering about how I will be able to master multiple screens with only one computer. I may need to supplement some screen space with my mac so that I will be able to read and take notes at the same time. That actually seems to the biggest issue even at this point. I have cut down so much on what I can see all at the same time I feel a bit limited. I almost want mulitple screens to look at rather then just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment