Thursday, August 26, 2010

I was sad... But I see light

So I start school NEXT MONDAY! Super excited, like oh goodness she is a really big nerd excited. I went to buy my textbooks so I could get a head start and look at them and well just play with them. Let me tell you. I am so very happy that I did.
I was able to find two of my four textbook in ebook form, something that I was very happy about. It worked out that I was only able to get my Calculus book in the ebook format but when first trying to use it... it SUCKED! But then I learned some tricks to help out.

On of the first issues that I ran into was that I was only able to see my book after it downloaded every single time I wanted to access it.

Second was that I could only access it when I had access to the internet.

Third I could only really use it on one computer....

These were huge things that would hurt the paperless process completely. I would not have the access I would need for my book at anytime, and at a moments notice.

Well...

After playing with the program for a bit I was able to fix all of those issues as of right now.
I am using CafeScribe. A tool that so far seems to be very cool. Not only will is allow me to use my textbook anywhere but it will also allow me to compare notes with others that have the same book, create study groups, as well as make digital notes within my ebook.

So far things seem to be going well. I will find out on MONDAY just what it means to be a paperless student.

Wish you all the best of luck for those of you that are starting or have started teaching or learning for this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment